About the Job
An audit manager is responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects, including the completion of assignment tasks and project components as well as coaching, advising, and directing team members in meeting client and firm expectations. Audit managers should exhibit a high level of integrity and drive.
- Positive attitude towards working environment
- Ability to communicate to clients, staff, and partners
- Manage multiple client engagements simultaneously, ensuring overall success of each project
- Ability to research, interpret, and apply GAAP to accounting issues with little supervision.
- Ability to research, interpret, and apply GAAS to auditing issues with little supervision.
- Responsibility for assessing risk along with design of planning, audit procedures, and supervision of all phases of audit engagements
- Understand and utilize Audit Methodology employed by the firm
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction
- Supervise and review team members’ work for accuracy and compliance with professional standards
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor team members on projects and assess performance for engagements and annual reviews
- Manage budgets of client engagements to ensure client profitability and targets are achieved
- Actively invest in professional development individually and through participation of continuing professional education, including sharing knowledge within the firm
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with client management
- Participate in firm wide initiatives including recruitment
- Work with partners on proposals and business development
- 5+ years of current or recent public accounting experience providing financial statement auditing services
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar
- Understanding of audit services with expertise of GAAP and GAAS
- Current CPA license
- Experience leading teams and mentoring staff
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in Ballenthin, Funk & Johnson. We gladly accept applications from qualified individuals throughout the year.
Send your cover letter and resume to HR by using the form below.