About the Job
A senior auditor should be able to work independently, complete work accurately and in a timely manner, and establish workload priorities. In addition, a senior auditor should contribute to a team environment, assisting those around them.
- Positive attitude towards working environment
- Ability to communicate to clients, staff, managers, and partners
- Working knowledge of GAAS.
- Plan, lead and execute all assigned audit engagement file organization and documentation.
- Responsible for assisting on assessment of audit risk, planning, and design of audit procedures
- Understand and utilize Audit Methodology employed by the firm
- Review and perform substantive testing on client’s balance sheets and income statements
- Obtain an understanding and assessment of client’s internal controls and making recommendations for improvement through the risk assessment process
- Supervise, delegate, train, and review team members’ work to assist in staff development
- Audit complex areas and transactions and prepare all client deliverable reports
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing issues to Managers and Partners
- Assist to identify and make improvements of performance on engagements
- Ensure professional development through active continuing professional education
- Participate in firm wide initiatives including recruitment
- 2+ years of current or recent public accounting experience providing financial statement auditing services
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar
- Understanding of audit services with intermediate knowledge of GAAP and GAAS
- CPA license or demonstrated progress towards obtaining CPA license, including required coursework
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, demonstrated experience or ability to act as in-charge on audit engagements
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in Ballenthin, Funk & Johnson. We gladly accept applications from qualified individuals throughout the year.
Send your cover letter and resume to HR by using the form below.