Senior Tax Accountant
About the Job
Ballenthin, Funk & Johnson is a CPA firm that provides tax, financial statement, bookkeeping and consulting services to select businesses and individuals throughout Minnesota. We are dedicated to the construction, real estate, manufacturing, service, franchise and retail industries. We also provide individual and trust and estate services. We offer a whole relationship, providing comprehensive services to each client in order to address their business and personal financial needs.
Our senior accountants are motivated, self-starters with three to seven years of experience in public accounting. They have passed, or are in the process of taking their CPA exam. You will work closely with firm partners, staff and clients in all practice areas of the firm including audits, reviews, compilations, tax returns and more. We offer a competitive salary, benefits and exciting learning opportunities for successful candidates.
- Positive attitude towards working environment
- Ability to communicate to clients, staff, and partners
- Preparation of complex returns
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements
- Deliver innovative tax planning, strategy and client service
- Work in a variety of industries
- Advance your expertise in tax matters through continued education and research
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3 to 7 years of experience in public accounting
- Has passed or is in the process of taking the CPA exam
- Capacity to manage multiple projects
- Advanced technical knowledge of tax concepts
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems and complete projects
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in Ballenthin, Funk & Johnson. We gladly accept applications from qualified individuals throughout the year.
Send your cover letter and resume to HR by using the form below.