Tax Manager – High Net Worth
About the Job
This individual is responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects, including the completion of assignment tasks and project components as well as coaching, advising, and directing team members in meeting client and firm expectations. Tax managers should exhibit a high level of integrity and drive.
- Positive attitude towards working environment
- Ability to communicate to clients, staff, and partners
- Manage multiple client engagements simultaneously, ensuring overall success of each project
- Maintain relationships with executives at multiple family offices
- Preparation and review of Trust Tax Returns
- Preparation and review of Estate Tax Returns
- Strong Trust Accounting skills
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor team members on projects and assess performance for engagements and annual reviews
- Supervise and review team members’ work for accuracy and compliance with professional standards
- Review of Individual returns that include:
- Multiple, complex partnership K-1s
- Stock options
- Multi-state K-1s
- Review of Real Estate partnerships
- Ability to research, interpret, and apply tax code to unique circumstances.
- Ability to read, understand, and apply directions contained in trust documents prepared by others
- Ability to read, understand, and apply directions contained in estate plans.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction
- Actively invest in professional development individually and through participation of continuing professional education, including sharing knowledge within the firm
- Participate in firm wide initiatives including recruitment
- Work with partners on proposals and business development
- 5+ years of current or recent public accounting experience providing related tax experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar
- Current CPA license
- Experience leading teams and mentoring staff
- Experience with or willingness to learn ProSystems FX Tax Software
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in Ballenthin, Funk & Johnson. We gladly accept applications from qualified individuals throughout the year.
Send your cover letter and resume to HR by using the form below.